EDspaces Product Innovation Awards
Recognizing Innovative Product Design for Learning Environments
EDspaces and media partner Learning By Design magazine are proud to host The Product Innovation Awards program which have recognized Best in Class Product Design for Learning Environments. A panel of education industry professionals review and evaluate all awards submittals based on specific criteria including: a demonstrated rigor in design for education environments, aesthetics, innovation, sustainability, academic and emotional impact, and much more.
2022 Call for Entries Now Open
Deadline to Submit Entries: September 15, 2023
Deadline to Submit Presentations: September 29, 2023
Manufacturers planning to exhibit and/or sponsor at EDspaces 2023 (Charlotte, NC November 7-9) are invited to enter new sales-ready products that are: innovative; demonstrate rigor in design for education environments; are appropriate for the age of learner; are for specific settings and/or activities; are based on research and customer collaboration; have a level of certification; augment learning and/or space utilization; improve the social, emotional, and cognitive well-being of students, staff and community; and are sustainable and aesthetically pleasing.
Products must be market-ready (sorry, no prototypes), with an introduction date after October 2021 and deliverable in the first quarter of 2024.
Product Innovation Awards Process:
An elite jury of industry professionals will review all submittals, and determine which products will move to the Finalist round.
- Companies with product entries chosen as Finalist must be available to “live pitch” their product to jurors at their EDspaces booth just after exhibit set-up on Tuesday November 7th, starting at 5pm.
- All entrants are required to attend the Product Innovation Awards Presentation & EDspaces Opening Ceremony where 3 top Product Innovation Awards (Best in Show; 2nd Place, 3rd Place) award recipients will be revealed, products highlighted, and design teams called to stage to receive their award.
- All entered products will be featured in two post-awards ceremony email campaigns plus will be featured for six months on the Learning By Design Magazine website.
- A Product Innovation Showcase, featuring ALL SUBMITTED PROJECTS will be promoted before, during, and after the EDspaces event, with product photography/video, product name, company name/website, booth number, and product description.
- Upon entry participants will receive instructions and a template for preparing their product entry. Submissions will include photos, product descriptions, and responses to Q&A. We also encourage a video clip, up to 2 minutes in length, to be included within your presentation. For Questions, please contact Donna Hidalgo at 210-419-9017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Rates: $695 / First Entry: $585 for each additional entry
2022 Award Winners Gallery
Best in Show: Plot Twist™ by OM Seating
2nd Place: Illusions 2.0 Storage Collection by Fleetwood
3rd Place: TacTiles by NorvaNivel