Today’s students are digital kids: they text, swipe, interact with a variety of screens, and are constantly connected. In this high energy, engaging presentation, the audience will hear of a series of steps to create a learning space that makes the most of technology usage, global skills, and Gen Z learning styles. The speakers will share their journey in creating Clark Hall, a unique high school building in Gahanna, Ohio, that was awarded Scholastic’s Best in Tech award for its combination of space and student technology. Learn how they included the voices of students, staff, and parents in the design of the building and how they formed partnerships with Dell, Intel, and Cisco to make the project affordable.
- Learn practical ideas for designing learning spaces in K-12 schools around the learning styles of Gen Z, their use of technology, and global skills.
- Gain a better understanding of Gen Z and how it learns.
- Be exposed to mindset points that promote change and adaptation.
- Gain insight into ways of incorporating global skills into a test-driven curriculum.
- Understand the importance of technology in 21st century learning spaces.
- LU = 1 Rm 302